The DS 4 or Citroën DS 4 is a compact car (C-segment in Europe) by the French brand DS Automobiles, which is Citroën’s premium brand under the umbrella of PSA (now Stellantis). It was born in 2010 as Citroen DS4 and later marketed directly under the DS brand from 2015, being called DS 4.
It is a vehicle with a 5-door hatchback body, mid-engine and front-wheel drive. The DS 4 is a car that has a more premium approach, compared to the Citroën C4 or Peugeot 308. Later the DS 4 Crossback would be born, a crossover or SUV version of the same vehicle.
Although it was born as a Citroën car with the surname DS, the DS 4 was one of the first models to distance itself from the Citroen marque to become a vehicle of an independent brand. There are other similar cases in the market, such as Cupra or Abarth.
PSA’s intention in launching this vehicle was to compete against premium German compact cars, such as the BMW 1 Series, Audi A3 or Mercedes A-Class among others. It has 2 generations in total, the most recent being the only one to be equipped with E-Tense hybrid engines, like other models of its brand.
DS 4. Timing Belt or Timing Chain?
Down below you will see a list with all DS 4 models that have been produced. They are classified by model identifier, year and type of bodywork. Above each list, we show you a series of pictures so that you can have a visual reference for each model. In some cases, both the original and its updated design are displayed to help you identify them with ease.
In this guide you will find all DS 4.
■ Timing Belt / Cam Belt (Correa / Faja de Distribución)
■ Timing Chain (Cadena de Distribución / Cadena de Tiempo)
■ Gear Driven (Distribución por Engranajes)
■ 100% Electric, No Timing (Sin Distribución)
■ Unknown / Not Updated (Información desconocida)
If a car model is specified in blue, it means its motor engine has a timing chain; that is, it has no timing belt. The rest of the vehicles marked in grey have a timing belt/cam belt.
Índice de Contenidos
Citroën DS4 / DS 4 I – First Generation (NX) (2010)
- BHY(DV6FD) 1.6 BlueHDi 100 99 CV (2016)
- BHX(DV6FC) 1.6 BlueHDi 115 116 CV (2015 – 2018)
- BHZ(DV6FC) 1.6 BlueHDi 120 120 CV (2015)
- BHZ(DV6FC) 1.6 BlueHDi 120 120 CV (2015 – 2018)
- AHR(DW10FD) 2.0 BlueHDi 150 150 CV (2015)
- AHW(DW10FC) 2.0 BlueHDi 180 180 CV (2015)
- HNY(EB2DTS) 1.2 THP 130 130 CV (2015)
- 5FE(EP6CDTMD) 1.6 THP 150 150 CV (2016 – 2018)
- 5FM(EP6CDTM) 1.6 THP 160 163 CV (2015 – 2018)
- 5GZ(EP6FDT) 1.6 THP 165 165 CV (2015)
- 5GR(EP6FDTX) 1.6 THP 208 208 CV (2017 – 2018)
- 5GM(EP6FDTX) 1.6 THP 210 210 CV (2015)
- 5FS(EP6C) 1.6 VTi 120 CV (2015 – 2018)
Citroën DS4 / DS 4 II – Second Generation (2021)
- DV5 1.5 BlueHDi 130 CV (2021)
- EB2DTS 1.2 PureTech 130 CV (2021)
- EP6FDT 1.6 PureTech 181 CV (2021)
- EP6FDT 1.6 PureTech E-TENSE 225 CV (2021)