The Toyota Camry is a passenger car (d-segment in Europe) by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota. It was born as the saloon version of the Celica, being its first Name Toyota Celica Camry in 1983.
Despite being a top selling car across the world, Toyota chose to sell the Avensis in Europe to cover this segment. After a long life, it was finally substituted by the Camry in 2017. This strategic movement was almost parallel to the change of the Auris for the Corolla. Toyota’s product range refreshes itself with new models like the Camry, which became the first hybrid saloon car that the brand made for the European market. As the Avensis entered a period of decline, it was substituted by a much more llamative sedan.
The Toyota Camry rivals mainly with the Mazda 6, the Peugeot 508, the Opel Insignia and the Kia Optima among others. There have existed eight generations of this automobile.
Toyota Camry. Timing Belt or Timing Chain?
Down below you will see a list with all Toyota Camry models which have been produced so far. They are classified by model identifier, year and type of bodywork. Above each list, we show you a series of pictures so that you can have a visual reference for each model. In some cases, both the original and its updated design are displayed to help you identify them with ease.
In this guide you will find all Toyota Camry.
■ Timing Belt / Cam Belt (Correa / Faja de Distribución)
■ Timing Chain (Cadena de Distribución / Cadena de Tiempo)
■ Gear Driven (Distribución por Engranajes)
■ 100% Electric, No Timing (Sin Distribución)
■ Unknown / Not Updated (Información desconocida)
If a car model is specified in blue, it means its motor engine has a timing chain; that is, it has no timing belt. The rest of the vehicles marked in grey have a timing belt/cam belt.
Toyota Camry VIII – Eighth Generation (XV70) (2017)
Saloon (V7, VA7, VH7)
There are no diesel engines in the Camry 8 Gen.
- 6AR-FSE 2.0 (ASV71) 150 CV (2017)
- 6AR-FBS 2.0 (ASV71) 167 CV (2018)
- A25A-FXS 2.5 Hybrid (AXVH71_) 176 CV (2017)
- 2AR-FE 2.5 (ASV70_) 178 CV (2017)
- 2AR-FE 2.5 (ASV70_) 181 CV
- 2AR-FE 2.5 (ASV70_) 184 CV
- 2AR-FE 2.5 (ASV70_) 204 CV
- A25A-FKB 2.5 (AXVA70) 209 CV
- A25A-FKS 2.5 (AXVA70_) 201 CV
- A25A-FKS 2.5 (AXVA70_) 204 CV
- A25A-FKS 2.5 (AXVA70_) 206 CV
- 2GR-FKS 3.5 (GSV70) 249 CV
- 2GR-FKS 3.5 (GSV70_) 296 CV
- 2GR-FKS 3.5 (GSV70_) 298 CV
- 2GR-FKS 3.5 (GSV70_) 301 CV
- 2GR-FKS 3.5 (GSV70_) 302 CV
- 2GR-FKS 3.5 (GSV70_) 305 CV (2018)