| Home / Hyundai / List of Hyundai Genesis Models without Timing Belt
The Hyundai Genesis is a high-end luxury sedan (E/F segment in Europe) manufactured by the South Korean marque Hyundai Motor Company. It has a total of two generations to date. From 2017 forward, this car served as a spin-off for Hyundai’s newly created luxury brand, Genesis Motor. Two versions of this vehicle were created, the sedan and the Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
The Hyundai Genesis was first introduced in Seoul in 2008, but had a clear international projection. It was an executive sedan with four doors and rear- or all-wheel drive options. It was launched worldwide, except in Europe. Hyundai had carefully analysed the previous failure of Lexus on the European market, so the South Korean marque decided not to sell this model in Europe so as not to risk losses. The engines of this vehicle were V6 and V8 petrol, the latter being the first engine of this type designed by the South Korean brand.
In 2013, Hyundai launched the second generation. The model repeated with the V6 Lambda II and Tau GDi V8 engines. In 2016, this model was renamed Genesis G80 after a minor facelift, inaugurating the group’s new premium brand.
In the international market, the Hyundai Genesis was up against other luxury sedans such as the Jaguar XF or the BMW 5 Series.
Hyundai Genesis. Timing Belt or Timing Chain?
Down below you will see a list with all Hyundai Genesis models that have been produced. They are classified by model identifier, year and type of bodywork. Above each list, we show you a series of pictures so that you can have a visual reference for each model. In some cases, both the original and its updated design are displayed to help you identify them with ease.
In this guide you will find all Hyundai Genesis.
■ Timing Belt / Cam Belt (Correa / Faja de Distribución)
■ Timing Chain (Cadena de Distribución / Cadena de Tiempo)
■ Gear Driven (Distribución por Engranajes)
■ 100% Electric, No Timing (Sin Distribución)
■ Unknown / Not Updated (Información desconocida)
If a car model is specified in blue, it means its motor engine has a timing chain; that is, it has no timing belt. The rest of the vehicles marked in grey have a timing belt/cam belt.
Hyundai Genesis I – First Generation (BH) (2008)
Sedan / Saloon
There are no diesel-engined versions of the Hyundai Genesis Gen 1.
- G6DG 3.0 GDI 272 CV (2012- 2015)
- G6DB 3.3 262 CV (2009 – 2014)
- G6DB 3.3 24V 233 CV (2008 – 2014)
- G6DH 3.3 24V 300 CV (2008 – 2014)
- 3.8 GDI 337 CV (2011 – 2014)
- G6DA 3.8 V6 290 CV (2008 – 2014)
- G6DJ 3.8 V6 335 CV (2008 – 2014)
- G8BA 4.6 366 CV (2013 – 2014)
- G8BA 4.6 381 CV (2008 – 2010)
- G8BA 4.6 390 CV (2010 – 2012)
- G8BE 5.0 GDI 430 CV (2012 – 2014)
- G8BE 5.0 GDI 435 CV (2011 – 2014)
Hyundai Genesis II – Second Generation (DH) (2013)
Sedan / Saloon
There are no diesel-engined versions of the Hyundai Genesis Gen 2.
- G6DG 3.0 GDI 249 CV (2014)
- G6DG 3.0 GDI 257 CV (2014)
- G6DG 3.0 GDI 4WD 249 CV (2014)
- G6DG 3.0 GDI 4WD 257 CV (2014)
- G6DH 3.3 GDI 249 CV (2014 – 2017)
- G6DH 3.3 GDI 282 CV (2014)
- G6DH 3.3 GDI 4WD 262 CV (2014 – 2017)
- G6DH 3.3 GDI 4WD 282 CV (2014)
- G6DJ 3.8 GDI 315 CV (2014)
- G6DJ 3.8 GDI 4WD 315 CV (2014)
- G8BE 5.0 GDI 413 CV (2014)
- G8BE 5.0 GDI 426 CV (2014)