| Home / Mazda / List of Mazda CX-7 Models without Timing Belt
The Mazda CX-7 is a midsize SUV (D-segment in Europe) manufactured by the Japanese automaker Mazda Motor Company. This model was positioned just below the Mazda CX-9, and was launched in 2012. It was marketed for only one generation, and ended up being replaced by the Mazda CX-5 in 2012.
The CX-7 was produced on the Ford C1 Platform, like the Mazda 3. In fact, this SUV used the same range of engines as the compact, even equipping the MRZ 2.3 DISI engine with a BorgWarner K04 turbo. The suspension was inherited from the Mazda MPV.
In 2009, this SUV was updated with some exterior improvements, balanced the style with respect to other models of the brand, such as the RX-8 or MX-5 of the time. Regarding the off-road capacity of this SUV, this car incorporates an all-wheel drive system with active torque distribution, which sends up to 50% of the torque to the rear wheels on slippery surfaces, to ensure a uniform grip. However, it lacked other important features to compare it with vehicles that are designed to operate off-road.
In terms of alternatives, the Mazda CX-7 competed with the Ford Kuga, the Kia Sorento, the Hyundai Santa Fe, Chevrolet Captiva and Renault Koleos.
Mazda CX-7. Timing Belt or Timing Chain?
Down below you will see a list with all Mazda CX-7 models that have been produced. They are classified by model identifier, year and type of bodywork. Above each list, we show you a series of pictures so that you can have a visual reference for each model. In some cases, both the original and its updated design are displayed to help you identify them with ease.
In this guide you will find all Mazda CX-7.
■ Timing Belt / Cam Belt (Correa / Faja de Distribución)
■ Timing Chain (Cadena de Distribución / Cadena de Tiempo)
■ Gear Driven (Distribución por Engranajes)
■ 100% Electric, No Timing (Sin Distribución)
■ Unknown / Not Updated (Información desconocida)
If a car model is specified in blue, it means its motor engine has a timing chain; that is, it has no timing belt. The rest of the vehicles marked in grey have a timing belt/cam belt.
Mazda CX-7 I – First Generation (ER) (2006)
- R2AA 2.2 MZR-CD AWD 163 CV (2012 – 2013)
- R2AA 2.2 MZR-CD AWD 173 CV (2009 – 2013)
- R2AA 2.2 MZR-CD AWD 185 CV (2009 – 2013)
Petrol / Gasoline Engines
- L3-VDT 2.3 248 CV (2006 – 2012)
- L3-VDT 2.3 AWD 248 CV (2006 – 2012)
- L3Y7 2.3 DISI 247 CV (2012 – 2014)
- L3K7 2.3 DISi 241 CV (2006 – 2009)
- L3Y7 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo 238 CV (2007 – 2013)
- L3Y7 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo 243 CV (2007 – 2012)
- L3-VDT 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo AWD 238 CV (2006 – 2014)
- L3-VDT 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo AWD 258 CV (2007 – 2009)
- L3-VDT 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo AWD 260 CV (2009 – 2013)
- L5-VE 2.5 MZR 163 CV (2009 – 2013)
- L5-VE 2.5 MZR AWD 163 CV (2010 – 2012)